We have officially moved out of Ireland!!!
We had originally thought that it would be the perfect time to move out of our lovely little, rainy home in Galway, Ireland this upcoming summer 2017, but as it turns out, as always…there is no such thing as the perfect time for anything! 🙂 So, why wait around when adventure was calling us now? 🙂
We moved to Galway last February to be able to live in the same country together as a young, international married couple, to pursue our longtime dream of living in Ireland, and to have our very own, more permanent home to live, grow, and learn in together in the first year of our marriage. We remember sitting in the House Hotel lobby last year after a few days of house viewings over a bowl of the biggest chips and soup we’d ever seen and a glass of Guinness to share, anticipating our big move. We remember that day like it was yesterday! It was pouring rain outside our hotel as we sat across the table from one another. We were nothing but two kids in love and a bundle of nerves trying to find a home.
“We’ll give it a year and then see where life takes us.”
And in that year, we’ve created many of the most wonderful memories in our home that we will cherish together for the rest of eternity. We can hardly believe that, two years ago, we didn’t even know whether or not we would be able to live in the same country together as husband and wife! We have grown even more as the very best of friends, let alone as soulmates. It was filled with so many firsts and falls, and it was incredible getting to do it all together as newlyweds.
Some of our favourite moments living in Galway:
1. Moving to Ireland into our cozy and very first home together just in time for Valentine’s Day.
2. Hiding away from the days together with yummy takeaway food, cuddling up on the sofa, and ugly crying into each other’s bodies when times were impossibly tough.
3. Laughing in the early mornings as the sun is rising with sleepy smiles and sand in our eyes and our toes entwined.
4. Our funny but sweet, makeshift holiday celebrations.
5. Dreaming, creating, sleeping…
6. St. Patrick’s Day.
7. Our “Charlie Brown” Christmas tree.
8. Dancing in our first home, in our very own kitchen after baking the most horrible homemade cookies imaginable.
9. So many dances together in our kitchen! In candlelight, in daylight, in our pyjamas, in our fancy clothes, in just our socks…in spring, summer, autumn, and winter.
10. All of these memories made together.
We won’t be moving to a permanent home base at the moment as we will be completely immersing ourselves in some amazing creative projects we have coming up and traveling this beautiful world together! We are just so, so excited for the many experiences, memories to be made, and stories to be told that 2017 has in store for us. Many times, you just have to take that leap of faith and listen to your heart.
An old friend once said to us, “If you’re waiting to do something until you have all of your ducks in a row, then you won’t ever be able to do anything. Because no one will ever have all of their ducks in a row.” 🙂 This little quote has resonated with our life in the greatest way possible.
Even until now, our life together is anything but conventional, and we are so grateful for our story.
…Off to Paris we go! 🙂